httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Noirin Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs (Part 2)
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:27:58 GMT
On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 02:19:00PM +0200, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> 1. Add a header to the documentaion mails of bugzilla (needs to be checked if
> this is possible). This would allow people who subscribe to bugs@ to filter for
> documentation bugs and discard everything else if they like. Of course this
> requires a mail client that is capable of doing this and of course a user that
> is capable of configuring this :-).
+0

> 2. Sent a weekly summary of documentation bugs to docs@
-1

> From my personal point of view I still think that the best solution to sent all
> documentation related bugs to docs-bugs@ exclusively. But my personal point of
> view does not matter that much in this case :-).

+1

I can cope with some kind of header added to docs bugs, so that I can
subscribe to bugs@ but only receive the equivalent of docs-bugs@...

I don't think there's any point of sending a summary of documentation
bugs to docs@ - the summaries I've seen from bugzilla are pretty
unreadable, and the interval is such, in any case, as to negate the
whole reason for having a seperate list of docs bugs (ie, to get docs
committers actually looking at bugs more frequently/regularly)

I'm still in favour of a seperate docs-bugs@, even if that means that
documentation bugs don't get seen by some of the coding types.

Noirin