httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: 2.2[.2] documentation translation links are broken
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:48:30 GMT
On 6/29/06, Vincent Deffontaines <vincent@gryzor.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The 2.2.2 documentation files seem to be tidied as in 2.0, ie, play with
> Type Maps to negotiate content with clients, all translated versions of
> a given file living in the same directory.
>
> However, the hypertext links seem to point the translated files into
> non-existent directories. For instance, in "docs/manual/bind.html.en",
> the link to the french documentation points to
>
> "./fr/bind.html" (line 23 of the HTML file included in the tar.gz), while
> there is no "fr" directory in there. Hence, many
> translation links seem to be broken to me. This problem seems to occur in
> many places in the documentation.

The manual is really only usable if you apply a very particular
configuration to it, as suggested in the sample configs:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/conf/extra/httpd-manual.conf.in?view=markup

The SetEnvIf and RedirectMatch combine to make the "fr" links work.

Joshua.