httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:07:26 GMT
On 6/29/06, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:
> I just spoke with some people of the httpd-docs project and found out
> that they are either not subscribed to bugs@httpd.apache.org or do
> not have time to look through the mails. I fully understand this as
>
> 1. Most stuff is not about documentation.
> 2. bugs@ is a high volume list.
>
> First question: Is this true for most httpd-docs people or did I
> just speak to the wrong people :-)?
>
> If this is true this is a pity because some times there are
> documentation bugs and I am sure more of them could be resolved /
> resolved quicker if just more people are aware of them.
> Please keep in mind that I neither want to criticize people who
> actual fix them nor people who don't because they have different
> priorities / are not subscribed to bugs@. I intent to optimize things :-).
> So what is the opinion on creating a new list called
>
> docs-bugs@httpd.apache.org
>
> and changing the configuration of bugzilla in a way that bugs for the
> component Documentation below Apache httpd-2 / Apache httpd 1.3 are sent
> to this list?

I understand your reasoning, but I'd prefer not.  I don't think there
are enough doc bugs to justify another list.  As an alternative, we
could simply put a link like this one:
http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Apache+httpd-1.3&product=Apache+httpd-2&component=Documentation&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED
on the docs-project page so people could easily skim the docs bugs.

Joshua.