httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: /docs rewrite rules
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 13:48:56 GMT
On 6/27/06, Hiroaki Kawai <kawai@iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> Does the server redirect /docs to /docs/1.3 now?
>
> I tried to access http://httpd.apache.org/docs/ and got a
> list of documentations for each version.
> # Do I miss something?

Right.  We already delt with this.  The generic /docs/ goes to a list.
 Links to specific pages under /docs/ still go to the specific pages
in the 1.3 docs, but each page has a header at the top letting people
know that they are not in the most recent version.

Any other solution would result in MANY broken links (due to changes
in doc structure, not to mention the fact that some people still
really do want to link to the 1.3 docs).

Joshua.