httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <>
Subject Re: Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs?
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:44:47 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> I understand your reasoning, but I'd prefer not.  I don't think there
> are enough doc bugs to justify another list.  As an alternative, we

Currently that are about 5% of all bugs (just used my link below with
and without component value). And the reason to create a new list is
actually because there is a comparable *low* number of documentation
bugs such that at least some httpd-docs people do not have enough time
to go through the bugs@ list. OTH I think 5% is enough such that we
should increase visibility.
Furthermore at least I would adjust the component of bugs more often to
documentation if I would know that this makes this more visible to docs
people. This is not a plain try to offload work, but a matter of
priorities and to make things visible to people whose focus is more on
this particular topic.

> could simply put a link like this one:

It may be only me working this way, but I really need the mailing list
to attract my attention to bugs. If I would have to click on a link or a
bookmark I would

- check on bugs more infrequently
- not notice that something to a bug has changed.

Anyway if it turns out that the link solution is favoured over the new
mailing list I would prefer using the following link as it also captures
the NEEDINFO bugs:

Why that? Because sometimes people simply forget to change the status to
ASSIGNED and then these bugs would fail from the radar.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message