httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Problem in Windows-specific documentation for Apache 2.2.x
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 05:03:50 GMT
> Alex Smith wrote:
>
>>In the Windows section of the 2.2.x documentation, the commands that it
>>gives are wrong. For example, it says to install Apache as a Windows
>>service you should run this from the bin directory:
>>
>>apache -k install
>>
>>The apache executable does not exist. The correct executable to run
>>would be this:
>>
>>httpd -k install

Yes; thank you for these observations, and entirely my bad for not resyncing.
We appreciate your report.

Of course httpd.exe was to match all-other-platforms; also the change to
c:\program files\apache software foundation\ is almost seven years overdue,
and couldn't really happen during a subversion .x bump.  2.2 was our earliest
opportunity, I'll try to remember to make these changes to trunk/ of docs
now that our stable branches have their own stable homes.