httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Noirin Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate mailinglist for doc related bugs?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:15:35 GMT
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 09:07:17PM +0100, Hiroaki Kawai wrote:
> [...]

That there are so few docs bugs is precisely the reason a seperate list
would be helpful :-)
I've no problem with docs bugs continuing to go to the main bugs@ list
as well - the more people looking at & fixing bugs, the merrier. But
there are at least a few docs contributors who'd follow a docs-bugs
list, but just don't can't keep up with following the regular bugs@ list
just for the odd docs bug.

> I don't have a strong objection, too. But isn't it enough
> just navigating people to post to docs@httpd.apache.org
> rather than creating a new list?

I think that's missing the point a bit. People are already pointed at
the docs list in various ways - but no matter what you do, docs bugs
will appear, probably mostly in the "but it doesn't work as expected"
category, where the docs, not the code, is wrong. Those bugs can and
should get fixed - but it's very hard to keep up with a list that,
for a non-code contributor, is vastly more noise than signal.

I don't think pointing the docs folk at the website is the right way
either - there's a reason (or six) that the coders have a bugs@ list =)

Noirin