httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Andé Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: /docs rewrite rules
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:38:07 GMT
* Noirin Plunkett wrote:

> Other people's broken links aren't really our problem.

Agreed. Under the assumption that we don't care about our users.
I prefer the idea of cool URIs <http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI>.

It might have been a mistake to provide URIs without versioning in the first
place, but now we have to live with it. I personally think, the current
solution is a good one.

We might provide additional links on the 1.3 pages to the most current
version (if there is), which would be actually an improvement to the
current situtation. I'd also agree to a solution, where docs/current/
redirects (!) to like docs/2.2/. These are easily combinable, btw.

nd