httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Hiroaki Kawai <>
Subject Re: /docs rewrite rules
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:25:26 GMT
> > I see.
> >
> > IMHO, we should not use /docs/mod/mod_xx.html any
> > more and leave it as-is for historical reason.
> If we want to not-use /docs/something, we should get rid of it
> altogether. If we don't want to get rid of it, it should point to the
> most recent (stable) version.

> > By the way, in which page are you want to use
> >
> > syntax? Why you want to make it to point the
> > recent version?
> These URLs exist, all around the internet, for various things. The help
> bot in #apache uses them, for example.
> It should point to the most recent version because otherwise people are
> always looking at old docs, really, why do we /have/ newer versions, if
> it's not because they're better - in some way - than the old?

You mean, that the location /docs/mod/mod_xx.html is
so distributed around the internet, that we want to
navigate it to the current version, right?
I agree that we want to make people use Apache2.2 because
it is the best version available.
OK, I see the reason, and vote +1 for changing the rewrite rule.

And I'd like to suggest adding ErrorDocument 404 /docs/ to that
area so that people can know the current version, and check
his httpd version, and continue reading the documentation.

Thank you for replying me patiently. :-)

Hiroaki Kawai

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message