httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: /docs rewrite rules
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:40:58 GMT
On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 09:48:56AM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Right.  We already delt with this.  The generic /docs/ goes to a list.
> Links to specific pages under /docs/ still go to the specific pages
> in the 1.3 docs, but each page has a header at the top letting people
> know that they are not in the most recent version.

With our newly readable reqrite documentation, we could figure out
how to create some 302 redirect rules which are based on the existence
of the files in question ;-)

e.g.;

	1. user request to /docs/blah

	2. if exist $webroot/docs/$latest/blah redirct to
	   /docs/$latest/blah

	3. Repeat 2 as required for values of $not-so-latest

	4. fall back to $webroot/docs/1.3/blah and serve
	   a 404 if neccessary

Would this satisfy everyones requirements?