httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <>
Subject Re: new entries in mime.types for application/octet-string - applicability of IANA registry?
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 15:52:26 GMT
On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 11:32:50AM -0400, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> jar is another question: Is there a reason not to add jar to the set
> of extensions for application/octet-stream?

application/java-archive is a common return for that one :-)

Here's my full-list, based on what a lot of obscure software

        application/octet-stream .deb
        application/java-archive .jar .war .ear
        application/mac-binhex40 .hqx
        application/octet-stream .dmg .bin .img .exe .dll
        application/octet-stream .msi .msp .msm
        application/octet-stream .smzip .iso
        application/pgp-signature .asc
        application/x-bzip2 .bz2
        application/x-cocoa .cco
        application/x-java-archive-diff .jardiff
        application/x-java-jnlp-file .jnlp
        application/x-perl .pl .pm
        application/x-pilot .prc .pdb
        application/x-redhat-package-manager .rpm
        application/x-sea .sea
        application/x-stuffit .sit
        application/x-tcl .tcl .tk
        application/x-xpinstall .xpi
        image/x-jng .jng
        text/mathml .mml
        text/ jad
        video/x-mng .mng
        application/octet-stream LHA lha SHK shk SDK sdk arc arj zoo lzh  lzc
        application/octet-stream acd acx adl agx
        application/octet-stream bas bat bsc bxy cbm cfg chm clr cmd con
        application/octet-stream d$$ da1 da2 da3 da4 da5 da6 da7 da8 dat
        application/octet-stream d64 ddc dif dms dsk elf emb gb gmp hex
        application/octet-stream ico img jac map mg1 opt pat patch pif p kg
        application/octet-stream rad rpm run sea sfx sna z80
        application/octet-stream rs0 rs1 rs2 rs3 rs4 rs5 rs6 rs7 rs8 rs9
        application/octet-stream spk spark td0 tos ttl uhs voc
        application/octet-stream taf dll DLL x32
        application/x-zmachine z1 z2 z3 z4 z5 z6 z7 z8
        application/x-zmachine Z1 Z2 Z3 Z4 Z5 Z6 Z7 Z8
        application/x-tads gam GAM
        application/x-t3vm-image t3 T3
        application/x-glulx ulx ULX
        application/x-blorb blb BLB blorb BLORB
        text/plain me t src doc
        application/octet-stream exe EXE
        application/zip zip ZIP
        application/octet-stream prc pdb
        application/pdf pdf PDF
        application/x-newton-compatible-pkg pkg
        application/mac-binhex40 hqx HQX
        application/octet-stream cpt CPT
        application/x-stuffit sit SIT
        application/x-tar tgz
        application/java class
        audio/x-mp3 mp3
        image/png png
        image/x-pcx pcx
        application/x-bittorrent torrent
        text/plain txt text 1st readme announce from doc letters lst li st me
        text/plain c h el inf t pas perl pl notes origin
        text/plain step step1 step2 step3 step4 clue clues sol
        text/plain sup1 sup2 sup3 txt1 txt2 txt3 wlk
        text/plain Readme README FAQ POSTER TXT ME
        application/x-redhat-package-manager .rpm

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message