httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Vincent Deffontaines <vinc...@gryzor.com>
Subject Configuration "regression" from 2.0 to 2.2
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 17:39:53 GMT
Greetings,

The title of this email is an abuse. There is no real regression.
Now :

#On 2.0 : this works
AuthType Basic
AuthName "foo"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://localhost/ou=Users,dc=web,dc=net
AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
require valid-user

#On 2.2, this doesn't. According to slapd, bind fails as if binding with
a wrong password.
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthName "foo"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative on
AuthLDAPURL ldap://localhost/ou=Users,dc=web,dc=net
require valid-user

As Nick Kew pointed out on IRC, using "AuthzLDAPAuthoritative" is a
nonsense in this context, since "require valid-user" means no further
authorization should be performed.

This, however, makes it pretty counter-intuitive (at least, to me),
especially in a 2.0->2.2 migration context.
Since raising a warning at config parsing time is not a task easily
feasable, I'd suggest adding a note about this in the 2.2 documentation.

Regards,

Vincent Deffontaines