httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject How to browse the apache 2.0/2.2 docs - right out of the box?
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:02:53 GMT
Greetings,

With apache 1.3, I always used to set up an alias pointing into the htdocs directory so that
it was possible to browse the distribution's documentation directly on the server. No problem
there...

I'm upgrading to 2.2 and tried the same thing. The docs are now in a different directory,
so I move the alias to the manual directory. Now, when I browse, I get the content of "index.html"
which is really a content negotiation type-map file. This is served in preference to the language
variant files (eg, index.html.en, index.html.de etc.). To browse the docs, I have to remove
all the files ending in .html (ie, without language extension).

Is this meant to be like this? Am I missing something obvious?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

the sender's company.