httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Michel Hendriks" <mic...@stream-it.nl>
Subject Please add a solution to the FAQ
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:03:28 GMT
Hi,

Could someone please add some extra info to the explanation on the
"Premature end of headers" ? found at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/FAQ-F.html#premature-script-headers

As it turns out I lost a couple of hours trying to figure out why my script
would not run under Apache 1.3 while the answer was really, really simple.
Apache 1.3 apparently also outputs the "Premature end of headers" warning if
the script or its directories are not owned by the correct user.
So all I needed to do was change the ownership of directoies and the script
to the user I was trying to run it under and all of a sudden it worked!

Maybe you could save someone else the same agony by adding this to the
answers?

Greets,
Michel