httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Maxime Petazzoni <maxime.petazz...@bulix.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 Announcement comma - Please no comma before 'and'
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:10:17 GMT
> You'll note that the Harvard comma is also regularly referred to as
> the Oxford comma. It's not confined to the New World, by any
> means. It's a style issue, and I don't think there's any right or
> wrong answer.

The word 'and' already act as a link between the two parts of the
sentence. Adding a comma before it is useless. If you real want to use
a comma-like séparator, you can use a semicolon and remove the 'and'.

In French for example, this rule apply and I believe it is the same in
English.

My 2 ¢,
- Sam

--
Maxime Petazzoni (http://www.bulix.org)
 -- gone crazy, back soon. leave message.