httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: 2.1.8-beta available for Testing and Voting
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:36:42 GMT
[added docs@]

* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Paul Querna wrote:
> > The 2.1.8 tarball no longer includes the XML Files for generating the
> > documentation.  Only the generated HTML Files are packaged.
>
> -1 - this doesn't help folks contribute patches to docs.

Actually, nobody ever submitted a patch to the xml docs based on the
distribution. Additionally it's always better to look for a checkout in
order to check if the error is already fixed.
I'd rather save bandwith.

> If you aren't aware, your modern browser can actually display the
> .xml.lang flavors of the files, meaning it's easy to make corrections
> and submit them to the docs project.

s/your modern browser/Internet Explorer only/
Try some file with entities (German files usually have some)

Furthermore the docs project doesn't officially support the browser display
of the xml files. I'm going to separate them rather earlier than later (as
my time allows ;-) anyway.

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################