httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <c...@stdlib.net>
Subject Re: /docs/2.1/
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:31:17 GMT
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 02:16:04PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >Why would trunk point to the current stable shipping version?
>
> D'uh oh(!)  Yes, a /docs/trunk/ isn't a bad idea.  I shortened that as
> I read it, and thought you were speaking of /docs/ (vanilla).

That still gets redirected to /docs/1.3/ :)

> >>"Hey user, THIS is the version you should be using already, but here are
> >>the links to old versions and current experimental branch".
> >
> >Right now, we have two experimental branches. This is the problem.
>
> But we have /docs/2.1/ (which should be /docs/2.2/ IMHO) - right?

Probably time to make /docs/2.2 work alright.

> That solves the issue?

Nope. Right now the documentation in trunk and in the 2.2.x tree differ,
because trunk and 2.2.x contain some different features. As of today
this less pronounced than it has been over the last few weeks, but all
the same, there is no online place to review the trunk/ documentation.