httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Noirin Plunkett <fireb...@nerdchic.net>
Subject Re: PATCH: Language changes & fixes
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:38:30 GMT
On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 09:38:06AM +0100, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:03:42PM +0100, Noirin Plunkett wrote:
> >
> > I've included these patches again, in case anyone else has any further
> > suggestions on them.
>
> This is looking really good, thanks a lot.  I do have suggestions, if
> you time :)
>
> 1. remove the entire "About Support" section - it's almost entirely
> outdated

I'm loathe to do this - if it's outdated, is there something more up to
date we could replace it with? If there really is nothing relevant in
it, then it can go, but I think it would be useful to at least keep the
first two, possibly three, questions, revised as necessary.

> 2. remove the stuff about the MM library, it's not true any more

Done.

> 3. remove the "When I access my website the first time via HTTPS I get a
> core dump?" -- not really relevant any more

Done.

> it would be great if there was a "how do I create a self-signed
> certificate for testing purposes?" section which explained to use
>
>  openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out conf/server.crt -keyout conf/server.key
>
> to get going quickly.

I've added this to the Certificates section - if you could review the
updated patch (attached) and check that what I've added is right,
that'd be great =)

Thanks for the feedback,
Noirin