httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: PATCH: Language changes & fixes
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:38:06 GMT
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:03:42PM +0100, Noirin Plunkett wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 08:28:41PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:20:54PM +0100, Noirin Plunkett wrote:
> > > I've been going through the mod_ssl docs, and have some fixes and
> > > language changes to suggest. I've also added a FAQ entry on how to
> > > create a self-signed cert.
>
> I've included these patches again, in case anyone else has any further
> suggestions on them.

This is looking really good, thanks a lot.  I do have suggestions, if
you time :)

1. remove the entire "About Support" section - it's almost entirely
outdated

2. remove the stuff about the MM library, it's not true any more

3. remove the "When I access my website the first time via HTTPS I get a
core dump?" -- not really relevant any more

it would be great if there was a "how do I create a self-signed
certificate for testing purposes?" section which explained to use

 openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -out conf/server.crt -keyout conf/server.key

to get going quickly.

joe