httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Rolling 2.1.7 On Friday
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:15:43 GMT

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> In this spirit, a major new feature of httpd-2.2 will be reliably
> working Caching, but the documentation on Caching is a bit tough on
> users right now. I'm currently working on this;
>
>  http://people.heanet.ie/~colmmacc/manual/misc/cachingguide.html.en
>
> Which is about half done. Comments & contributions welcome.

Looks good.  A few comments:

See docs like env.html, sections.html, and logs.html for an example
structure.  We usually have "Related Directives" and "Related Modules"
sections at the top.  And we use "Examples" instead of "Case studies".

You can go ahead and commit it whenever you want.  But I'd put it in the
root directory of the manual rather than "misc".  That directory (and, in
general, every directory called "misc") just winds up being a dumping
ground for things with no good place.  This doc belongs beside logs.html,
urlmapping.html, sections.html, etc, in the main directory.

Joshua.