httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Auto-docs rewrite
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 06:13:26 GMT
At 04:08 PM 7/23/2005, André Malo wrote:
>* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> To disambiguate these requests, would you consider...
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org//directive
>> http://httpd.apache.org/query?directive
>
>// is equeivalent to / in URLs

Nak!!!  // is most definately a distinct location :)

You are reading the uri as a filesystem location; but in fact
the RFC doesn't consider // equivilant to /, otherwise the Location
directive would flatten such issues out of scope :)

>I'd consider query?directive not as that easy as it could be. Think of the
>users that type them manually.

Yes, I'm thinking of manual entry; and i want something that is
clearly distinct from normal filesystem entries, for the sake of
various query, spiders, and caching approaches.

>> or something that doesn't imply that it's part of the normal content,
>> and something we can remove from robots?  (They will harvest these
>> anyways as part of crawling the true docs set.)
>
>R=301 will do, I guess.

Hows that?