httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Auto-docs rewrite
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2005 08:26:04 GMT
* William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> >> Yes, I'm thinking of manual entry; and i want something that is
> >> clearly distinct from normal filesystem entries, for the sake of
> >> various query, spiders, and caching approaches.
> >
> >HTTP doesn't know about file systems, so I'm wondering why a spider
> > would care. URLs with query string are indexed as any other URL for a
> > long time now.
>
> You seem to be missing my point; I don't want spiders crawling that
> section, it will be lookup intensive.  If users google they can hit
> the very same information from the normal pages.

There is no section to crawl. The rules respond with redirects to the real
documents. If someone sets a link to one of these recognized URLs and a
spider follows it, then the redirect will be followed and nothing else
happens. Where do you see a crawling problem? From outside view the
redirects are not related to each other.

nd
--
s  s^saaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa  a  alataa  aaoat  a  a
a maoaa a laoata  a  oia a o  a m a  o  alaoooat aaool aaoaa