httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Munsch, Peter \(Corporate\)" <Peter.Mun...@corporate.ge.com>
Subject Re: Moving Docs URLs
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:12:09 GMT

--------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: André Malo <nd@perlig.de>
To: docs@httpd.apache.org <docs@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tue Jul 19 13:12:43 2005
Subject: Re: Moving Docs URLs

* Erik Abele wrote:

> On 19.07.2005, at 18:55, Paul Querna wrote:
> > We are going to move the URLs for the documentation on the website.
> >
> > Content:
> > /docs/ -> /docs/1.3/
> > /docs-2.0/ -> /docs/2.0/
> > /docs-2.1/ -> /docs/2.1/
>
> Okay, but please keep a redirect around for the old URLs.

The point of the cgi script is to provide not a redirect, but another page
(with status 300 so far), which points to all the different versions.

People can update their bookmarks accordingly.

Anyway, I think, static files may serve for the same purpose (thinking about
mod_asis). We may even generate them by the docs build process.

> Yep, it always bugged me that all this can't be found in one
> consistent URL-space; so I'm +1 on moving the content of /docs-
> project/ to /docs/ and redirecting from the old URLs to the new ones.
> Just my 2c...

docs/project/ ?

I don't have a strong opinion about this one. +-0 ;-)

nd
--
s;.*;aaaaaoaaaoaaaaooooaaoaaaomaaaa:a:alataa:aaoat:a:a:a
maoaa:a:laoata:a:oia:a:o:a:m:a:o:alaoooat:aaool:aaoaa