httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Auto-docs rewrite
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:53:31 GMT

>>> http://php.net/ANY_FUNCTION goes to the documentation for that
>>> function. Likewise, http://fajita.drbacchus.com/AllowOverride goes to
>>> the docs for AllowOverride, and likewise for every configuration
>>> directive.
>>>
>>> I'm doing this with a simple RewriteMap directive. I'd like to have
>>> this same functionality on httpd.apache.org.
>
> So httpd.apache.org/SomeDirective?
>
> Where would it go? 1.3? 2.0? 2.1? 2.2? Just the latest stable?
> If we get a consensus on this I have no problem with that stuff in general.

I'd say 'latest stable' (2.0 at the moment).

How do we expect people to find out about the existence of this feature?
  We could really use an improved /docs-project/ page to give better
info about the docs.

I'd also probably recommend using httpd.apache.org/goto/SomeDirective or
even httpd.apache.org/docs/SomeDirective  to avoid namespace conflicts
and extra filesystem checks that are needed if we overlap with the main
website.

Overall, looks cool to me.

Joshua.