httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Moving Docs URLs
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:24:02 GMT
> exactly!  +1 for remapping /docs-1.3/, but use Apache httpd module
> features; let's not throw work on our infrastructure.
>
> Remember this aught to map for proxies as well.  Although docs
> aren't widely mirrored, we know our proxy admin friends aren't
> keen on running cgi's - they are happy to serve our pages.
> Straightforward .htaccess syntax they probably would apply.

Well, yes, presumably with a sufficiently complex set of rewriterules we
could make the same thing happen. It would require a significant number
of rules to accomplish this. They would need to be able to detect
modules that have disappeared or changed their name.

Perhaps I'm missing what you mean by "remapping /docs-1.3/". From what
to where?