httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: RewriteMap dbm:
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:01:59 GMT
Mads Toftum wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 02:51:44PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>>I'm having difficulty with the script in the mod_rewrite docs for
>>generating dbm files. In particular, Perl seems to want to force me to
>>upgrade to Perl 5.8.7 in order to install NDBM_File. That doesn't appear
>>to be something that I actually want to do.
> It is all a question of what type of dbm mod_rewrite uses - just
> choosing the one you find most convenient isn't going to work.

Well, obviously (I hope!) I tested with the output of that script, and
it did indeed rewrite. It appears that either mod_rewrite, or the
underlying libraries, is smart enough to know what type of dbm it is and
Do The Right Thing.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message