httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nikola Smolenski <smole...@eunet.yu>
Subject Re: Serbian translation of error messages
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:31:38 GMT
First, thanks for your fast reply, and sorry for my late reply; I was having
trouble with my computer and couldn't reply.

On Monday 09 May 2005 07:39, André Malo wrote:
> * Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@eunet.yu> wrote:
> > I have translated Apache 2 error messages to Serbian language. The patch
> > is attached below. If I should have done something differently, please
> > let me know.
>
> Thanks!
> There are two points:
>  * please add the CHARACTER_ENCODING variable (as seen in other
> translations) * It would be fine if you could find another native Serbian
> speaker to review the translation.

OK, I've added it now. I haven't realized that it is needed because it doesn't
exist in English (which I copied), and there is Content-Type with the encoding
O:)

I will ask someone to review it. Should he contact you directly about it or
also join the list?

> > The documentation is too large a bite for me, but I would like to
> > translate at least the test page for Apache installation too. Seeing that
> > Russian test page comes in seven different encodings, would it make sense
> > to make Serbian one entirely via HTML entities? Or should I also supply
> > several encodings?
>
> It's up to you. But I guess, one iso-8859-5 encoded page should be just
> fine. Note, however, that these start pages are dropped starting with httpd
> 2.1. So it's probably not worth the effort ;-)

OK, I'll see about it then :)