httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Serbian translation of error messages
Date Mon, 09 May 2005 06:39:32 GMT
* Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@eunet.yu> wrote:

> I have translated Apache 2 error messages to Serbian language. The patch is
> attached below. If I should have done something differently, please let me
> know.

Thanks!
There are two points:
 * please add the CHARACTER_ENCODING variable (as seen in other translations)
 * It would be fine if you could find another native Serbian speaker to review
   the translation.

> The documentation is too large a bite for me, but I would like to translate at
> least the test page for Apache installation too. Seeing that Russian test
> page comes in seven different encodings, would it make sense to make Serbian
> one entirely via HTML entities? Or should I also supply several encodings?

It's up to you. But I guess, one iso-8859-5 encoded page should be just fine.
Note, however, that these start pages are dropped starting with httpd 2.1. So
it's probably not worth the effort ;-)

nd