httpd-docs mailing list archives

From alain B <ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: httpd 2.0 documentation French translation ?
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:22:04 GMT
André Malo a écrit :
[couic]
> Well, I also recommend the transformation page:
> <http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html>. It describes how to
> work with our docs build system (2.1 and 2.0). Basically you need the build
> tools, java and perl.
>
> Further note, that the build tools try to check if a translation is
> outdated. To make this possible, you need to add a comment to your
> translation, where you note, what subversion revision your translation is
> based on. All translations have such a comment on the top (<!-- English
> Revision: xxxx --> or <!-- English Revision xxxx:yyyy (outdated) -->), so
> just have a look at, say manual/bind.xml.de :) These comments are useful
> for you (the translator), because you can just go into the directory and
> diff the English version, to see what was changed, like:
>
> svn diff -r xxxx:yyyy englishfile.xml
>
> Don't worry, once set up correctly, it should be quite easy to work with.
>
> nd
So, after getting the SVN content, i test the build tool with success
and i think have understand how it works.

With that build system, do i play with files directly in the SVN folder?
It seems to recreate *.html.fr files (and some other meta) and not to
affect the xml's one.

When some of Vincent Deffontaines's files will be reviewed, i noticed
that i just put them on this mailinglist. Can you confirm that only
.xml.fr files, not the .html.fr one, are required?

--Alain B