httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: using xml.fr charset ISO 8859-1 or UTF8
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:52:47 GMT
* alain B wrote:

> Because the build's tool converts french files into ISO-8859-1, do my
> *.xml.fr files wrote and sent here with charset utf8 or ISO-8859-1 ?
> (I'll prefer using french typo directly if possible)

Your choice. The xml encoding and the html encoding are independent. I
prefer iso-8859-1 for html, because the result shorter and saves time and
traffic.
Please *attach* your files anyway (don't post them inline the mails), so the
mail and file charsets don't interfere.

> It seems that build's tool don't integrate a 'fr' section in manual 2.0.

Yes. style/lang/fr.xml (the most basic file) is incomplete in 2.0. I wrote
that stub and a small hack for the language links in 2.0 in common.xsl or
so, because there are some html.fr files (but no xml.fr). Once the fr.xml
is complete, I'll revert it, run `build bootstrap` and all is cool.

nd
--
"Umfassendes Werk (auch fuer Umsteiger vom Apache 1.3)"
                                          -- aus einer Rezension

<http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>