httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: document location using SVN
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:51:37 GMT

Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
| --On Wednesday, January 5, 2005 1:53 PM -0500 Jeff Trawick
| <> wrote:
|> I'm guessing that somebody forgot the snafu in cvs where 1.3 docs were
|> separate from 1.3 code, resulting in the 1.3 docs being accidentally
|> omitted from svn.
| Partially right: the 1.3 docs weren't separate at one point, so they
| have overlapping branch info with the 1.3 code.  Furthermore, the 2.0
| docs were *copied* from the RCS files.  (The httpd-2.0 code repository
| was a clean import rather than a copy.)  So, the 2.0 docs had the same
| branch info for everything up until the 1.3/2.0 branch point.  Hence,
| you can't import both of them cleanly.
| About every single mistake possible with copying in CVS is illustrated
| in the httpd-docs-1.3 module.  Sigh.
|> Personally I have no idea how to get the 1.3 docs into the 1.3 svn
|> branch and maintain old revision history.
| Doable, but it's a significant amount of effort.  The two easiest
| solutions would be: 1) abandon the docs entirely (see Rich's post), or
| 2) ditch the history (they will be available with CVS) and just import
| the latest docs into the 1.3 branch.  -- justin

I don't see any particular problem with losing the docs history. It's
not nearly as important in the docs as it is elsewhere.

- --
When we are young, wandering the face of the earth,
wondering what our dreams might be worth,
learning that we're only immortal for a limited time.
Version: GnuPG v1.2.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: