httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: translation issues
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:24:24 GMT

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/ for 2.1 and
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/ for 2.0.

> And one more question. All documents that were translated into Russian up
> to this moment now contains such line:
>
> <This translation may be out of date. Check the English version for
> recent changes>
>
> What should I do to remove it? (Is it possible at all? - or may be this
> line is mandatory)

This line occurs if the english revision, which the translation refers to
was modified. You can have it in Russian by translating the text in
style/lang/ru.xml. However, here's an example how to work with it:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.0.x/docs/manual/install.xml.ru
contains the comment

<!-- English Revision: 97974:106849 (outdated) -->

on the top. This means, the English revision you've used while translating
is 97974 and the current one (of the English) is 106849. To get the
differences between these two revisions, cd into the manual directory and
type:

svn diff -r 97974:106849 install.xml

When you've applied the differences to the translation, change the comment
on the top to:

<!-- English Revision: 106849 -->

and rebuild the docs.
Oh... the build tools are now in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/docs-build/trunk/, so to get them,
change into the manual directory and just check them out:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/docs-build/trunk build

Welcome back :-)

nd
--