httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Translation to Portuguese
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:33:23 GMT
* Eduardo Tompson Pereira wrote:

> By the way, portuguese-BR.
>
> I've been looking over install.html. Is there any problem?
>
> I have other things to ask about language definitions.
>
> I wonder if there was anyone working now on pt-BR translation, who speaks
> portuguese, whom I may dicuss with?

Luiz Rocha started some time ago with pt-br (for 2.0), but it seems, he
deferred it for now: http://lsdr.net/apache-br.html

You might want to contact him, iirc he had made a lot of work already, which
just wasn't reviewed. (We require the review of at least one another fluent
speaker).

I'd suggest to translate the 2.x docs, because they are better maintained
and way more consistent. That means, you'd work with xml files and a
transformation system based on java.

For *how* to submit your translations see this page:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/>.

If you decide to translate 2.x, you need to start with the base file -
manual/style/lang/pt-br.xml, which is a translated version of en.xml in the
same directory. This file is required for the whole pt-br documentation
build process.

This was just a very short overview and you proabably *will* have questions
regarding the build system and the whole procedure at all. Don't hesitate
to ask here if you don't understand something.

Thanks!

nd
--
my @japh = (sub{q~Just~},sub{q~Another~},sub{q~Perl~},sub{q~Hacker~});
my $japh = q[sub japh { }]; print join       #########################