httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Yoshiki Hayashi <yosh...@xemacs.org>
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:33:30 GMT
André Malo <nd@perlig.de> writes:

> * Yoshiki Hayashi <yoshiki@xemacs.org> wrote:
>
>> I didn't know you were going to replace the build system.
>> All I knew was CSS work and it doesn't conflict with my
>> change because layout is only handled by site.vsl which I
>> didn't really change much.
>>
>> Could you elaborate on your new build system?  I've never
>> heard of it before.  I'd rather stick with current system
>> than going XSLT (I hate XSLT as a language).
>
> If you like lisp, you should love xslt ;-)

Yeah, I might have like it if it came with lots of
infuriating and silly parenthesis instead of lots of absurd
angle brackets. :-)

>> If we change
>> the build system at all, I think it's better to consider
>> using projects like forrest than creating yet another
>> documentation system.
>
> Not yet another one. I've thought about one that is based on the docs-build.
> Most problems (multitple languages, translation versioning, standardized
> tools and languages) is already resolved. Actually it was a main target (for
> me) for a long time, to build a common system for the whole httpd site.

OK, I don't have problem with current manual documentation
system and as I've said, I'm willing to wait.  If majority
of people like XSLT better than Velocity and willing to move
to it when it becomes available, I'm cool with that, too.

--
Yoshiki Hayashi