httpd-docs mailing list archives

From mar...@plum.freemail.ne.jp
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:45:04 GMT
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:57:15 +0100
Mads Toftum <mads@toftum.dk> wrote by mutt :

> > No, not really.  However, I'm concerned about how long the translations
> > could stay out of sync.  There's going to be times when we try to post an
> > urgent notice and if the translator is asleep (or AWOL for a few weeks),
> > then that's troublesome.  One idea: perhaps when we change the English
> > version of a page, we pull all translations until the individual
> > translation is sync'd up?
> I like the idea about letting the english translation take over when there
> is a newer version. If we go with this, I'll hack together a script to let
> translators know which pages that needs translating.

almost +1;
my opinion is:
add marking(revision, time, or something to indicate) within each documents,
so anyone can recognize which part of translated version is
corresponding to the part of English version.
then, newly writing or remove to the document,
replace corresponding part of translated document to English version.
this may makes easily to find updated part.

victory
Nobuyuki Morita
marika@plum.freemail.ne.jp