httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:10:00 GMT
* Yoshiki Hayashi <yoshiki@xemacs.org> wrote:

> I didn't know you were going to replace the build system.
> All I knew was CSS work and it doesn't conflict with my
> change because layout is only handled by site.vsl which I
> didn't really change much.
>
> Could you elaborate on your new build system?  I've never
> heard of it before.  I'd rather stick with current system
> than going XSLT (I hate XSLT as a language).

If you like lisp, you should love xslt ;-)

> If we change
> the build system at all, I think it's better to consider
> using projects like forrest than creating yet another
> documentation system.

Not yet another one. I've thought about one that is based on the docs-build.
Most problems (multitple languages, translation versioning, standardized
tools and languages) is already resolved. Actually it was a main target (for
me) for a long time, to build a common system for the whole httpd site.

(And when I see the output of the forrest using projects, I don't like it).

nd