httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:18:38 GMT
On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 08:45:04PM +0900, marika@plum.freemail.ne.jp wrote:
> my opinion is:
> add marking(revision, time, or something to indicate) within each documents,
> so anyone can recognize which part of translated version is
> corresponding to the part of English version.
> then, newly writing or remove to the document,
> replace corresponding part of translated document to English version.
> this may makes easily to find updated part.

I'm not quite sure I understand who is supposed to do what in your opinion.
Could you please explain the flow?
One thing I did think about before was wether there should be a way to
indicate that a change to the english version wasn't important enough to
warrant the english version overwriting the other language versions.
Another approach could be to mark all translated pages with a link to the
english version and a note/warning if the english version is newer.
(Just throwing out ideas - I'm not quite sure what I think would be the
best way to go).
(And sorry if this has been suggested before - I just discovered yesterday
that I'd been unsubscribed from the list in the middle of october and
haven't had the time to read the archive yet).

vh

Mads Toftum