httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r106707 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html.en /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.xml
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:48:32 GMT
* Mladen Turk wrote:

> Astrid Keßler wrote:
> > Mladen, I think there is a big misunderstanding about the docs, the
> > xml-files and the build process. We do _not_ style our documents
> > graphically when writing the xml documents. We only write content.
> > Layout is done during the build process. And it is done globally for
> > the whole domument.
> >
> > What you did here - with best intention, sure - is trying to force a
> > specific layout by breaking semantics. Please don't do this. Don't try
> > to outwit the build process.
> > If you don't like the layout, then this is worth a discusion. Suggest a
> > better layout. But please, don't do such tricky things.
>
> Well, take a look at ssl. I didn't do nothing more.

These huge <pre> sections in mod_ssl docs are a bad example, because they're
simply not revised yet. I'm wondering why I've spent my evening with saying
"Please ask if you don't know" all the time. *sigh*

> And once again. Those are *not* tables with some data,
> but rather formated code. It only happens that they looks like tables.

There's no code. It's just a table of values. Or wouldn't you say, that

    a  b  c  d  e
x | 0  1  2  3  4
y | 0  1  4  9 16

is a table? Try a voice browser. *I* would give up after listening to the
first line.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"