httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r106707 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html.en /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.xml
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:39:39 GMT
* Mladen Turk wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
> > * Mladen Turk wrote:
> >>Also that was my original intention (have no idea why I used tables
> >>for that).
> >
> > It appears to be tabular data, so a table is the perfect thing to use.
> > It clearly states, what these text snippets belong to (table header,
> > table data).
>
> OK then :).
>
> But I don't like the <th> entries in the table like you implemented.
> The bolded should be the number in the coulumn of the worker that
> is currently scheduled (If you wish you can patch that, the patch
> is in the attachment).

Uuh. I think, you've misunderstood some stuff ;-). You're confusing layout
and content a bit.

<th> stands for "table header" and means "this cell describes the
accompanying column or row". Those are bold all over the docs. But we could
enclose the values, which should be highlighted in <strong> or <em>. How
does this sound?

(strong appears bold in graphical browsers, em italic).

Alternatively we could add another background color to the layout for such
purposes.

nd
--
"Das Verhalten von Gates hatte mir bewiesen, dass ich auf ihn und seine
beiden Gefährten nicht zu zählen brauchte" -- Karl May, "Winnetou III"

Im Westen was neues: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>