httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r106707 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html.en /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.xml
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:00:57 GMT
* Mladen Turk wrote:

> I didn't know it's discouraged.
> For example:
>
>      <code>
>      <pre>
> worker     a    b    c    d
> lbfactor  25   25   25   25
> lbstatus   0    0    0    0
>      </pre>
>      </code>

Well, that's syntactically invalid, because <code> is an inline element,
while <pre> is a block element. The nesting you've used is neither in
(X)HTML nor in our DTD valid. You can validate the XML stuff with `build
validate-xml`. If you wanna use <code>, you'd have to put it inside <pre>.

Additionally it's semantically invalid, simply because there's no code
(*and* it's not preformatted text in that sense, it's ... a table ;-).

> Also that was my original intention (have no idea why I used tables
> for that).

It appears to be tabular data, so a table is the perfect thing to use.
It clearly states, what these text snippets belong to (table header, table
data).

nd
--
Gefunden auf einer "Webdesigner"-Seite: