httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Hiroaki KAWAI <ka...@iij.ad.jp>
Subject Re: elements <glossary> and <phonetic>
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 06:46:55 GMT
> > I think we should use 'katakana' for translated Japanese words,
> > phonetic symbols for English words that still does not have a
> > corresponding translations. Any ideas, yoshiki?
> > We shall need a consensus on this point. ;-)
> > # Japanese are very falimiar with phonetic symbols of English words.
>
> If use katakana in Japanese docs, I prefer to use <ruby> element instead
> of <span title="XX>.

Nice. :-)
But the generated HTML files are in XHTML 1.0 strict DTD manner now.
Ruby elements are introduced to HTML in XHTML1.1.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/changes.html
Changes between XHTML1.0 and XHTML1.1 seems to be small, so I'd like to
propose moving to XHTML1.1.

Any suggestions?

FYI:
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/#ruby