httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: elements <glossary> and <phonetic>
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:30:25 GMT
* Hiroaki KAWAI <kawai@iij.ad.jp> wrote:

> -1 for <phonetic> as I can't view correctly with IE on Windows, because of
> lack of phonetic fonts. I think large part of the users don't have
> phonetic fonts in the system.

I'd guess, a large part of the users don't even have Japanese fonts on their
system ;-).

Seriously: as long as the phonetic elements stay on the glossary page, I
have no problems with them. Funnily on my linux box, firefox and konqueror
have problems with some of the IPA characters, but opera and lynx get them
all (the latter transscribes them very smoothly).

nd