httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Astrid Ke├čler <k...@kess-net.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r106707 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html.en /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.xml
Date Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:26:16 GMT

Because you are on the right way? ;)

>>>OK then :).
>>>
>>>But I don't like the <th> entries in the table like you implemented.
>>>The bolded should be the number in the coulumn of the worker that
>>>is currently scheduled (If you wish you can patch that, the patch
>>>is in the attachment).
>>

>> Uuh. I think, you've misunderstood some stuff ;-). You're confusing layout
>> and content a bit.
>>

> Well, I have committed how they should look. They are not real tables,
> but rather p code, only in the table form.

Mladen, I think there is a big misunderstanding about the docs, the
xml-files and the build process. We do _not_ style our documents
graphically when writing the xml documents. We only write content.
Layout is done during the build process. And it is done globally for the
whole domument.

What you did here - with best intention, sure - is trying to force a
specific layout by breaking semantics. Please don't do this. Don't try
to outwit the build process.
If you don't like the layout, then this is worth a discusion. Suggest a
better layout. But please, don't do such tricky things.

Kess