httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Web site translation
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:01:23 GMT
--On Monday, November 29, 2004 6:33 PM -0700 Paul Querna
<chip@force-elite.com> wrote:

> Do other developers have objections to moving the website to XSLT (like the
> manual) instead of the current Velocity/Anakia?

I would recommend that any initial XSLT source transforms be kept as close to
the Anakia templates as possible.  (i.e. keep <section>, etc.)  Otherwise,
we're only going to change it to change it and we shouldn't have to force
ourselves to learn something new just because one or two think it's cool - and
that's bad.

My secondary goal is that we should ensure the build process and file layout
is as simple as it is now with httpd-site.  If it doesn't work or is
confusing, people will tend to ignore the site.  IMHO, this is probably why
some developers don't touch the docs as they might otherwise.  -- justin