httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite Guide/Cookbook
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:01:55 GMT
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:48:17PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> I've been developing the opinion that we are in need of a less-structured
> place where we can put "solutions to common problems".  We used to use the
> FAQ for this, but getting the structure right and finding people to do the
> maintenance hasn't worked out.  The 1.3 FAQ is too huge to maintain, and
> the 2.0 FAQ is DOA.  I guess what I'm really talking about is what
> is more commonly referred to as a "knowledge base".

I'll just chime in with a two month late "me too" ;)

I think it would be great to see something like this.  I keep wanting to
document stuff like: random neat tricks you can do with
mod_ssl/mod_rewrite etc, why doesn't Apache support >2Gb files, etc but
there's nowhere appropriate to put it at the moment.

The fact that users@httpd doesn't seem to get indexed by Google doesn't
help either...

joe