httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: about translation
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:23:54 GMT
On 10.10.2004, at 22:28, Andrew Huang wrote:

> hello, im planning on translating apache docs to chinese traditional,
> but im really confused on how to start. i read the tutorial by ken
> coar, but i've never used cvs before, and don't know how to use unix
> at all. is it possible to do the translation on windows? can somebody
> point me in the right direction on how to start? like where to
> download the docs and upload them when im done? thank you.

Be sure to thoroughly read the paragraph named 'Transformation' on
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/docsformat.html - basically all
that is needed is a current Java VirtualMachine (according to the
aforementioned page Java 1.2 is sufficient), a checked out docs tree
and a current version of the build tools.

The whole build system is based on or around Java/Ant/Xalan+Xerces, so
you should be fine on Windows too.

Cheers,
Erik