httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Rewrite Guide/Cookbook
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:48:17 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Anyways, I spoke with some folks on IRC, and they suggested that the
> cookbook approach might be useful for a variety of topics. We already
> have one for virtual hosts. One for SSI, SSL, and various other topics,
> might be well received.
>
> I mention that because, if/when I do the mod_rewrite cookbook, it would
> be nice if we could put it in a directory path that would be condusive
> to expanding the area in the future to encompass other "cookbook"
> topics.
>
> Thoughts?

I've been developing the opinion that we are in need of a less-structured
place where we can put "solutions to common problems".  We used to use the
FAQ for this, but getting the structure right and finding people to do the
maintenance hasn't worked out.  The 1.3 FAQ is too huge to maintain, and
the 2.0 FAQ is DOA.  I guess what I'm really talking about is what
is more commonly referred to as a "knowledge base".

Anyway, I haven't gotten any further than thinking about it.  But I think
the idea overlaps with what you are talking about.

Joshua.