httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Thout reader
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 20:31:38 GMT
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Rich Bowen wrote:
> > Just a final follow-up. Is this the consensus of the majority? ie,
> > "Thanks, you're welcome to do it yourself, but we're not interested." ?
>
> I'd say that sounds about right, although I'd try to be slightly more
> positive about it, like: "Thanks, sounds interesting.  Go ahead and do it
> and if we see there is demand we'll consider putting it on our site."

That much of the message, I already delivered in person when we spoke at
OSCon. I think it does sound interesting, and if it had been done 10
years ago or so, it might have gained the popularity of PDF.

> I'm not personally very optimistic about demand developing for this,
> however.

Ok. Thanks for the input.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
There's more than one way to eat a rhesus