httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: meta-data
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:48:25 GMT
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> This list has been pretty quite lately.  What about discussing some
> documentation ;-)

+1 :-)
I'm trying to work on the mod_rewrite docs, but seem to be having
technical difficulties.

> Here is a new document to bring together a bunch of similar
> modules/directives into someplace where a new user could find them, along
> the lines of env.html, logs.html, urlmapping, etc.  This one is for
> response-metadata:
>
> http://www.apache.org/~slive/docs/manual/metadata.xml
> (View-source to see the code -- mozilla seems to finally be doing a good
> job of rendering our xml/xslt.  If you want an html version see
> http://www.apache.org/~slive/docs/manual/metadata.html.en
> Links won't work because I don't have all the multiviews magic.)
>
> Two of the sections are moved from mod_mime, the rest are new.  The
> section on charset/language definitely needs a rewrite.
>
> Anyone have suggestions on additions/changes?  Can anyone suggest a title
> better than "Response Metadata", which could be kind of obscure to the new
> user?

I like the document, While the title makes a lot of sense to me, I do
agree that it might be a little obscure to the target reader. I'd have
to think on it for a moment. This doc more clearly explains some of the
things that are just aluded to in the content negotiation docs.

A big +1 from here. I'm sure that there's room for polishing, but this
looks like a good addition to the documentation.

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -