httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: make test fails in modules/include.t
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2004 20:54:17 GMT
André Malo wrote:
> * Stas Bekman <stas@stason.org> wrote:
>

>>according to the Apache docs:
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/mod/core.html#options
>>IncludesNoExec disables #cmd and #exec, but no #include virtual
>>
>>I suppose mod_include has introduced this feature w/o documenting it?
>

> It's just bad documented:
>
> | IncludesNOEXEC
> |     Server-side includes are permitted, but the #exec cmd and #exec cgi are
> | disabled. It is still possible to #include virtual CGI scripts from
> | ScriptAliased directories.
>
> It doesn't say, *when* it's possible. The "text/"-thing is just missing.

So it probably should say:

It is still possible to #include virtual CGI scripts from ScriptAliased
directories, as long as those scripts don't return Content-type starting
with 'text/'.

(which is still vague for the end users, since it's possible that Apache
will set the Content-type on behalf of the script)

besides I can't see the point of this protection, since it's easy to
bypass it, setting a different C-T header, no?

>>So Thomas, thanks for the fix (I don't know why I can't reproduce the
>>problem here).
>

> Probably another handler/type set.

No, it's the mod_perl test suite. It doesn't fail for me with
IncludesNoExec, with the same Apache 2.0.50. You can try it yourself, running:

t/TEST -v t/modules/include.t

after you've built modperl-2.0.

The config for this test lives in t/conf/extra.conf.in.

>>And Apache docs folks, please add to that section:
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/en/mod/core.html#options that #include
>>virtual may require Includes (instead of IncludesNoExec), if the included
>>file sets a content type matching "^text/" regex.
>

> You could add it yourself ;-)

But I trust you to do a better job :)

Thanks André